Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Dazed and Delighted


Another scroll motif. This one is based on a bow brooch found in Wittislingen, from the Migration period (ostrogothic most likely) probably 6th century.


Delighted at how kind everyone is and dazed ( and not just because of the oxycodone ) at the reception of Dark and Disorderly.

(I am a bit dazed from oxycodone. After considerable progress, I'm having a relapse to agony. I only hope this post will make sense.)


Dear Fairyhedgehog described D&D as "bloody brilliant!"

It's an exaggeration, but I love it!


Darling Stacia also put up my guest post on her Live Journal site.


Today or tomorrow, an interview at Wicked Jungle.


And to celebrate the Launch, my three darling daughters sent me (1) two snappy new outfits ( because, digital or not, she thought Mom should have something to wear besides sweats and jeans.) (2) an e-reader (!! and !!!), and (3) a huge, gigantic bouquet of roses and carnations, mums and painted daisies, all the exact same colour as my Carina cover!

19 comments:

starvingwritenow said...

How nice! Your daughters are so supportive; it's nice to see/hear about.

I am up to Chapter 5 in D&D, and I'm very intrigued so far!

Katie said...

Congrats on the release! I downloaded my copy yesterday.

Love the scoll motif! Too goregous!

BernardL said...

Very thoughtful gifts... especially the e-reader.

Charles Gramlich said...

Wow, color coordinated! That's daughters for you. Son's don't do things like that. But most fathers don't care I suppose.

Congrats on the good reception for Dark and Disorderly. It's on my Kindle.

raine said...

{{Hugs}} on the relapse--so very sorry! :(

But the scroll is lovely. Your reviews are awesome. You got an e-reader (wow!). And your daughters are wonderful to be so supportive of their mom.
Feel better soon!

fairyhedgehog said...

What wonderful daughters you have! An ereader is a wonderful gift. As are clothes! And colour-coordinated flowers!

Oh, and bloody brilliant! isn't an exaggeration. It's an opinion!

Now I need to go and look at your guest post.

I'm so sorry you're back in agony again. I do hope the relapse will be short this time.

Travis Erwin said...

Enjoy the ride Bernita. you certainly deserve it.

laughingwolf said...

all so very much deserved, m'dear!

the art reminds me of incan/mayan stuff... really cool!

Bernita said...

They spoil me, SWN.On one hand I deplore their extravagance; on the other, I'm delighted.

Thank you, Katie!I hope you will enjoy it.

They certainly are, Bernard. Thoughtful and loving.

A sweet touch, Charles. Thank you.

Thank you, Raine. ( real pain in the...especially right now!)But physio is trying something different so maybe this setback will be short.

Fairy, thank you. They are. I'm a lucky woman.

Travis, just fortunate!

That's what it reminds me of, LW! It puzzled me but I couldn't place it until you mentioned it. Thank you.

Whirlochre said...

Missed all the action and deserve kicking.

Hope the D&D momentum continues to bounce along...

laughingwolf said...

:)

Natasha Fondren said...

Ooh! Which ereader?!

Bernita said...

"deserve kicking"...Don't be silly, Whirl!
I do remind myself that reviews are singular and subjective.

A Sony, Natasha.

Angie said...

Gorgeous motif! Your daughter does such beautiful work! :D

Angie

Bernita said...

Thank you, Angie.
What really pleases me is that she's broken away from repeating the classic illuminated MS capitals (as beautiful as they are) and is experimenting with her own designs based on period metalwork, jewellery, etc.

Barbara Martin said...

Very thoughtful daughters, Bernita. You deserve all the praise for D&D.

Bernita said...

Thank you, Barbara.

writtenwyrdd said...

I'm sorry you're suffering again. Terrible news.

But I'm glad to hear the accolades keep rolling in. Well deserved.

Bernita said...

Am becoming really tired of this back business, Written.
Thank you. Don't forget you deserve credit too.