Thursday, June 24, 2010

Not So Vicious Sidhe


The Four Seasons of Life: Youth, "The Season of Love"
Currier and Ives,
Bridgeman Art Library.


Before Carina made arcs available for reviewers from Net Galley, I timidly contacted a few reviewers interested in paranormal novels, including epubs.

Since a sidhe figures in Dark and Disorderly, I could not resist approaching a review site by the name of Sidhe Vicious Reviews.

She rates D&D a score of 4 Fangs Addicted--It's Awesome! and says:

"Bernita Harris writes a brilliant story with interesting and quirky characters who drive the tale. A wonderfully written dark and edgy paranormal world..."

Her entire review may be found here.

And the cover girl is exactly how she imagined Lillie!

Since I've often read complaints from readers about the lack of--perhaps co-ordination is the most politic word--between cover and story, this comment is particularly gratifying. As another Carina author put it, the cover artist at Croco Designs is "a bloody genius."

Further, Judi generously offered me a guest blog spot. My post may be found here, with the chance to win a free arc of Dark and Disorderly.
We had a 5-5.5 earthquake in the area yesterday. Unfortunately, I was napping and missed it, but none of my bad yard sale art fell off the walls. So the only item trembling with excitement here is me.



20 comments:

writtenwyrdd said...

Yay! The revelry continues. I'll swig an imaginary beer in celebration.

word veri: feast

laughingwolf said...

grats on the newest boost for d&d
[no, not dungeons & dragons, YOUR book!] :)

will check out the links asap...

wf: drdamsme [whoever s/he is, why damn me? lol]

Bernita said...

Seems it's not just you and me any longer who like the book, Written!

Obviously a tease, LW -- you are to be praised, not damned!

Charles Gramlich said...

Very good. Congrats. I'll check out your guest post.

laughingwolf said...

aw... you're such a sweetie to say that [$$$ in the mail] ;)

wv: hotero *oh my!*

BernardL said...

All good ammo to post on release day one after another. Outstanding!

Angie said...

Great review -- congrats! :)

Her dog looks evil, though. O_O

Angie

raine said...

"Bernita Harris writes a brilliant story with interesting and quirky characters who drive the tale..."

Well, of course! No surprises there. :)

Congrats, Bernita. Good reviews are so helpful, not only to sales, but for an added dash of confidence.
Thrilled for you!

StarvingWriteNow said...

I too missed the earthquake, though they say it was felt as far south as Akron. Sorry your "bad wall art" survived; I have one such piece in my garage that my sister made me take home with me... pretty bad, with one of those scrolly gold frames around it.

My word verif is "honistan." Is that like a country where everyone is honest, or maybe everyone calls everyone else hon? Hmm...

Bernita said...

Thank you, Charles!

Bernard, I'm so luckuy the reception has been so good so far!

Maybe that's where the "vicious" comes in, Angie! In general she seems a very positive reviewer. Thank you.

Oh, Raine,thank you..."Brilliant" is a bit over the top though! Sales and ranks and that stuff are all still pretty nebulous to me, but the confidence value is tremendous.

SWN, I can't resist yard sale art-- the pictures are so lonely for walls.
~wish I had your piece!~

fairyhedgehog said...

I'm so pleased for you!

Judi - Sidhe Vicious said...

Bernita, I'm pretty sure a whole bunch of people are going to love D&D. :)

Angie, you mean my little muppet Max looks evil? Say it ain't so! He's my little baby bear, (a black cocker spaniel, though he can have a bit of a temper rarely, he's a sweetheart).

Angie said...

Judi -- sorry, LOL! It's that photo. His being all black doesn't help; it obscures most of the detail so all you can really see clearly in the pic is the general shape, plus the eyes and mouth. The shining eyes look like they're glowing a bit, and the mouth is open to emphasize the little white space in the middle that has to be teeth. Glowing eyes plus teeth... that adds up to a picture of an evil dog. O_O Or at least one that's threatening the camera lens, hee!

I'm sure he's a sweetheart, but the pic made me grin. :D

Angie

SzélsőFa said...

congratulations, this is so very exciting, isn't it?
i'll, too, check the other link.

jason evans said...

I thought about you with the earthquake! People felt it in Philadelphia, but somehow, I missed it. Our building is so tall that it probably absorbed the vibrations. Plus, I'm already used to rocking and rolling in the wind.

Bernita said...

Judi, thank you again for the lovely review!

Thank you, SzelsoFa. It is indeed!

Eh, Jason! I got emails about the quake and I'm going "Quake? What quake?"

Whirlochre said...

Looks like they nailed you.

Bernita said...

As long as it's not to a cross, Whirl...

Barbara Martin said...

Excellent review. I'm looking forward to reading the story.

I felt the quake here in Toronto: a strong quiver that moved the apartment building which set my lovebirds a squawking nervously. Their cage actually rattled.

Bernita said...

Barbara, thank you!
After these reviews I'm a little more confident that, at least, D&D is not going to embarrass my friends!
That would be truly horrible, especially after the way you've all supported and encouraged me to keep going.